Meetings & Events
In addition to the volunteers on the Advisory Committees, there will be multiple opportunities for you to engage and provide important input on long-term district infrastructure solutions. We are committed to informing, engaging, and investing our community in a plan for district facilities and programs that will benefit students in Steamboat far into the future.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Thursday April 19, 2018 6pm – 8pm, Library Hall
- Agenda: Presentation from Tyler Gibbs, Director of Planning and Community Development for the City of Steamboat Springs. Mr. Gibbs will be sharing information about current and future housing developments that will impact our schools. Additionally, each committee will share their progress and the Communications Committee will preview the new Advisory Committee website.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Thursday May 31, 2018 6pm – 8pm, Steamboat Springs High School
- Agenda: Presentation from Steamboat Springs Parks & Recreation to share information about Steamboat Springs' recreational, open space, and cultural needs. Additionally, each committee will share their progress.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Thursday August 9, 2018 6pm - 8pm, Soda Creek Elementary School
- Agenda: Phase I construction update, debrief of summer conversations, recap of Phase II work to date and an overview of next steps, and a presentation and activities led by HCM to generate potential scenarios for further consideration.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Wednesday August 22, 2018 6pm - 8pm, Bud Werner Memorial Library
- Agenda: Presentation and activities led by HCM to build on potential scenarios generated on 8/9, consider implications and impact of each scenario, and ask Advisory Committee members to indicate preferences for various scenarios.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Tuesday September 4, 2018 6pm - 8pm, Bud Werner Memorial Library
- Agenda: Presentation and activities led by HCM to review goals and guidelines, present top options, and further develop those options in small groups and full group discussions.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Tuesday September 25, 2018 6pm - 8pm, Steamboat Springs Community Center (1597 Lincoln Ave)
- Agenda: Presentation and activities led by HCM to review goals, guidelines, and committee priorities as well as to discuss grade configuration options and Strawberry Park campus-specific scenarios.
All-Advisory Committee Meeting: Tuesday October 16, 2018 6pm - 8pm, Steamboat Springs Community Center (1605 Lincoln Ave)
- Agenda: Review scenario rankings completed by Advisory Committee members, prepare for community forums, and hear from the communications committee on outreach roles and support required from the Advisory Committee.
2018 Community Forums
- Tuesday, November 13 • 6–7:30 p.m. • Steamboat Springs High School Commons
- Thursday, November 15 • 6–7:30 p.m. • Steamboat Springs High School Commons
- Saturday, December 1 • 9–10:30 a.m. • Soda Creek Elementary School
Have your say in how we build for the future
The issues are clear: our community is growing, as is the number of students in our schools. The solutions are much more complicated, which is why your engagement in this process is so important.
SSSD is hosting three Common Ground Community Forums to share information and capture community input on how SSSD should build for the future. Together, we will examine options for existing schools, as well as potential new schools, capturing your input on what matters most when it comes to educating the students in our community. Please note that the same information will be covered at all three meetings, which will be facilitated in partnership with the Muntean Leadership Group.