SSSD 2019 Bond-Funded Projects
Learn how Steamboat Springs School District is preparing to serve its students in facilities and spaces that enhance learning.
Help us name the new Steamboat Springs School District PK-8 school!
We are accepting name submissions via online form April 1 – 15. Submissions must be aligned with district policy F-24 which requires naming of all facilities to be consistent with the following guidelines: (1) the name should be easily identifiable, (2) the name should not be in conflict with the name of any other property in the system or in the community, and (3) schools will be named for physical locations and geographical areas. We can’t wait to see what our community comes up with!
On November 5, 2019, Steamboat Springs voters approved Measure 4C, a $79.5 million, 20-year bond measure to fund investments in all existing SSSD schools and a new PK–8 school in the Steamboat II neighborhood.
The 2019 bond is moving Steamboat Springs School District toward permanent solutions for facilities and programs that will allow us to preserve our community’s commitment to exceptional education.
2019 bond-funding will...
- Add a 9,000 square foot addition to Steamboat Springs High School
- Move students and their teachers out of exterior modular trailers and back into their building at Soda Creek Elementary School
- Maintain small class sizes K-12
- Expand contemporary program environments for multisensory and interactive learning
- Alleviate capacity now and build for the future with a new 490-capacity school for students in preschool–grade 8 at Steamboat II
- Bring preschool back into the elementary schools